Sunday, January 30, 2011

One Month

Today is exactly one month since I got to Brazil! Que Bom! The dance intensive is over and I'm moving into a new phase. One of my best friends here is leaving early tomorrow morning :( and soon my other close friend will leave. It's going to be a lot different around here. I will have a lot more time solo and my portuguese skills will be improving at rapid pace, being around less Americanas. I'm excited. The past month has been awesome and really difficult but I feel that I'm getting grounded here in Brazil. I have a lot of cool ideas in the working for things I'm going to do next, including a 10 day dance retreat in Itacare and doing healing ceremonies! I'm very excited!!!!!! And then I plan on going to Chapada Diamantine, which is supposed to be the most beautiful place in Bahia. Check it out on the interweb. Beautiful pictures! I've heard a lot of amazing things about it and I know that there are a lot of healers and artists that live there. Sounds like a really cool community and a lot more low key than loco Salvador. There was an Olodum festival this weekend in my neighborhood and it was totally hectic. I can't imagine what Carnival will be like! Mais, I am pretty sure that I will be far from the craziness of Salvador during Carnival. I know this is totally sac-religious, being in Brazil and not going to Carnival, but I heard it's nuttier than Nuts and I don't think I want to put myself in that kind of crazy energy, especially because Carnival is right after my peaceful and introspective dance retreat :) I think I would go bonkers back in Salvador. We shall see. Im going to be taking all of the dance and capoeira I can within the next 3 weeks before this retreat, as well as Portuguese classes. I'm excited to reach out more in Salvador and see what I can find! I hope to meet some cool new people and new teachers and guides and all of that good stuff! Blessings <3

No comments:

Post a Comment